Yamaha AvantGrand N3X Hybrid Piano - Digital Grand with Acoustic Action
The Yamaha AvantGrand N3X Hybrid Piano is one of the most amazing technological break-throughs in piano history. It is a hybrid piano combining digitally-sampled concert grand sound, 12 speakers and 16 amplifiers and a complete Yamaha acoustic grand piano action. In addition to several other sounds, the instrument has samples of two world class concert grands - the Yamaha 9' CFX and the Bösendorfer 9'6" Imperial.
The concert piano sound sampling is an advanced technology called "Spatial Sampling". Yamaha product development engineers take samples from four specific areas of each instrument's soundboard and assign 3 amplifiers and 3 speakers to each sampled area.
Only the sound sampled from the particular area of the soundboard will amplify from that particular area, i.e. spatial sampling. This mimics the acoustics of a traditional concert grand piano. Nothing like this has ever been done before!
The remaing four amplifiers feed transducers which result in the Tactile Response System (TRS), similar to the very subtle vibration and feeback experienced by the pianist through the keys from the action and body of a traditional piano. This hybrid piano has no equal in the industry. Compare it to mid-level to high-end grand pianos - not to other digital pianos.
Also available in 3 console hybrid piano models - N2 (TRS/grand action), N1 (grand action), and NU1 (upright action). All three are designed as more compact versions for tight spaces.
Models & Key Features
- Model N3X - Grand Case, Grand Action, TRS (Shown)
- Model N2 - Upright Case, Grand Action, TRS
- Model N1 - Upright Case, Grand Action
- Model NU1 - Upright Case, Upright Action
- Spacial Acoustic Sampling
- Spacial Acoustic Speaker System
- 12 Speakers/16 Amplifiers (N3X)
- 256 Note Polyphony
- Tactile Response System (N1 and Up)
- Acoustic Piano Action
- Built-in Recording Functionality
- 5 Year Parts and Labor Warranty Included
- Matching Bench Included
- Introductory Lesson Included